The Government of Canada is leading consultations to inform planned accessibility legislation.
In-person sessions are coming soon to your community. Now is the chance to have your say. Read more.
Sign Up for a Voice of Our Own
A quarterly newsletter from CCD.
CCD's members are provincial/territorial cross-disability, consumer-controlled, human rights organizations and national uni- and cross-disability, consumer-controlled, human rights organizations.
The members are:
- Disability Alliance BC
- Voice of Albertans with Disabilities (VAD)
- Saskatchewan Voice of People with Disabilities (SVOPD)
- Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities (MLPD)
- Citizens with Disabilities — Ontario
- Confédération des Organismes de Personnes Handicapées du Québec (COPHAN)
- Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities (NSLEO)
- PEI Council of People with Disabilities
- Coalition of Persons with Disabilities--NFLD and Labrador (COD)
- NWT Disabilities Council
- Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians
- Canadian Association of the Deaf (CAD)
- DisAbled Women's Network Canada (DAWN Canada)
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS)
- National Network for Mental Health (NNMH)
- People First of Canada
- Thalidomide Victims Association of Canada
CCD shares its views on policy reform with Federal Ministers. For example, in January 2011, CCD, along with others in the disability community met with Minister Diane Finley and Minister Steven Fletcher. From left to right: Jim Derksen (CCD), Shelly Rattai, Rose Flaig, John Young, Minister Finley, Minister Fletcher, Ross Young and Ken Burford.